Monday, July 30, 2007

Rant: (I called this before it happened) ELECTRONIC voting machines hacked in California.

Granted, computer experts were given complete access to the systems, but the company that made them did not make them well enough to stump the hackers, and someone from the outside trying to get in will have just as much if not more determination (think bigger than a single hacker... who REALLY has motivation to change votes... hmmm... think hard about that one...).

I understand that we live in a digital age now, and everything is going electronic, but voting should not be one of them. Even when I voted in the last election, to try to get a new president, the first thing I did with my special card that I filled out in my special booth with the special pen was feed it into a little black box. The volunteer lady standing "guard" there just looked at me and smiled, like I was supposed to feel some sense of pride or accomplishment. My first thought was "what did I just vote for?". There wasn't even a complimentary light to indicate dem or GOP, not like that would have made the situation any less ironic, but at least that would have showed that "they" were making some attempt at appeasing you, even if it was false. Not even that!

And now they want to go all digital!?! I have even heard mumblings about internet voting... YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!! Come on people, you can't stand for this! You are giving away any and all semblance of control that you have, which isn't much to begin with! Don't you see your rights and liberties being slowly eroded away?

It's not like your vote actually counts for anything anyway, even if they did record it correctly, the electoral college decides who becomes president (supposedly), so popular vote is worthless... we have all seen this first hand, haven't we?

Read

0 comments: