Thursday, October 25, 2007

The Folsom Police Department's Peacekeeper

I saw something this morning as I was about to pull into my parking lot at work, that I just had to follow and investigate...

Click for larger picture.

It pulled into a business parking lot next to my work. I spun around on my Vespa and followed it around the parking lot for a few laps while they looked for a place to park. They pulled up in front of the building and I hoped of my bike and started walking right over to them, pulling my camera bag out of my backpack as I walked (still donning my helmet). I simply asked "what do you call it?" and he said "the peacekeeper". I repeated that and began snapping pictures. You can view more here.

This is for the Folsom Police Department. Folsom, cow town, suburbia, middle class, low crime (as far as I know). This vehicle seems like something a little excessive to me. Probably a result of "terrorist" talk. Someone convinced someone that it would be a good idea, and a great way to spend tax payer dollars. Especially here, it must get A LOT of use.

The guy said "this is what we use to rip down walls"... WALLS! Wow... that is all I can say...

0 comments: